Recital : Vocal - Dhrupad (Dagar Tradition)
A I R Artist
Its philosophy is universally known and listened. Also is an traditionally divine, devotional music of INDIA. Dhrupad the oldest form of ancient Indian classical music with its roots in Sam VEDA, also leads path to Moksha (salvation).
Pallab Das born to musical family in holly city Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh). From the early age of 5 years he has been receiving traditional training. Pallab Das is so blessed as his father Pt. Gorakh Nath Das is a repute vocal recital of Dhrupad, also recital of Rudra Veena and flute in Dhrupad style.
Pallab Das had his initial vocal music training from his father
Pt. Gorakh Nath Das.
Far ahead he got opportunity to specialize himself in Dagar Bani Dhrupad under the tutelage from unique maestro late Ustad Zia Fariduddin Khan Dagar, one of the 19th generation exponent of Dagar family at the Dhrupad Kendra of Ustad Alauddin Khan Music & Art Academy, Bhopal under Guru shishya parampara. Pallab Das further had prayog (learning) under Guru shisya parampara with late Ustad Rahim Fahimuddin Khan Dagar, Delhi.
Pallab Das is one among the few fortunate artists who had advanced training from Prof. R. Viswesaran, Mysore in Carnatic Sangeet and from
Pt. Shyam Lalji, Varanasi in different Ragas of Uttar Bharatiya Sangeet.
Pallab Das presently learning and honing skills on Rudra Veena
Runder the guidance of his father Pt. Gorakh Nath Das. Pallab Das also had guidance from Dr. Ritwik Sanyal.
Pallab Das is
A graded artist in AIR (All India Radio), Varanasi and has also performed at AIR, Bangalooru, Karnataka and in all major dhrupad sangeet sammelan (music conferences), other festivals in India and abroad. Pallab Das also selected in Artists Panel of ICCR (Indian Council For Cultural Relation).
Pallab Das is one of the few leading young Dhrupad Vocal artist to be awarded “Certificate of Excellence” also topped one among five renowned scholar of the world by North American Dhrupad Association (NADA) in the year 1999.
He got many awards. He was awarded as young Dhrupad artist from Dhrupad Mela Society, Varanasi. He is been constantly invited to various Dhrupad Music conferences in India.
Below also given in detail about Pallab Das traditionally divine, devotional artistically journey till date with Dhrupad, music of INDIA.
* All India Mahakavi Kalidas Samaroh (Kalidas Sanskrit Academy) Ujjain 2017.
* Vasantotsav (Vimal Jain Foundation,Indian Institute Of Management Bangalore) 2016 .
* avsamvatsar Mahotsav, (municipal Corp. & Sanskar Bharti), Gwalior 2008 & 2014.
* All Bengal Music Conference, (Jalsa Ghar), Kolkata 2010 & 2013.
* Mridanga Samraat Swami Paagal Das Sangeet Samaroh, (Hanumat Vishwa Kala Kendra), Ayodhya 2007, 2008 & 2013.
* Pt. Lalmani Mishra Sangeet Samaroh, (Swaranjali Sangeet Sansthan), Kanpur 2008 & 2013.
* Sanskar Bharti, Silchar, Assam 2013.
* Vidushi Gangu Bai Hangal Sangeet Samaroh, Hubli 2013.
* Tansen Sangeet Samaroh, Gwalior 2012.
* Dhrupad Mahotsav, (National Accademy of Music, Dance & Drama), Kolkata 2011.
* Umang Series, (National Centre Performing Arts), Mumbai 2011.
* Gan Tapaswini Mogubai Kurdikar Sangeet Sammelan, (Swaramanch), Goa 2011.
* Late Sankar Mukhakchi Sangeet Sammelan, Dharwar 2011.
* Uttar Pradesh Convertion, (SPIC – MACY), Dadri 2009.
* Devanandan Yuva Sangeet Utsav, (Smriti Nandan), Bangalore 2009.
* Rastriya Sangeet Utsav, (Sanskar Bharti, Naad Mandap), Mysore 2009.
* 49th Sangeet Sandhya, (Sangeet Kala Manch), Jalandhar 2008.
* Pt. Aditya Ram Saneet Samaroh, (Gujrat Sangeet Natak Academy), Surat 2008.
* HCL concert series, (Habitate World), New Delhi 2008.
* Heritage of Indian Culture, (Nada Sandhya Sarnath), Varanasi 2004, 2005 & 2007.
* 48th Sangeet Sandhya, (Sangeet Kala Manch), Jalandhar 2007.
* The Classic Melody of Dhrupad & Havely Sangeet Seminar & samaroh
(Rasmanjari Sangeetopasana Kendra & Sanskrity Vibhag)
(Govt of India New Delhi)-Jaipur 2006.
* Swarna Sangeet Pratibha, (National Academy of Music Dance & Drama), Allahabad 2004.
* International Music Festival, (Kumbha Nada), Varanasi 2001.
* Rathindra Manch, (Rabindra Bharati University), Kolkata 1999.
* Jhulan Festival, Kolkata 1999.
* Jublee Auditorium, (Delhi University), Delhi 1999.
* Barasat Dhrupad Conference, (Subash Institute), West Bengal 1994, 1996 to 1998.
* Nadakriti Music Festival, (Trivenee Auditorium), New Delhi 1998.
* Ministry of Defence, New Delhi 1998.
* Uttar Para Dhrupad Festival, West Bengal 1997.
* Dhrupad Mela, Varanasi, (for inconstant 10 years).
* Swamy Bhagawan Das Dhrupad Samaroh
* Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Academy), Lucknow. (Inconstant 5 years).
* Regular cidual broadcasting AIR Varanasi
* Broadcast from AIR Delhi
* Broadcast from AIR Bangalore
* Broadcast French radio 2003-2007
* Broadcast of National Program from AIR Delhi
(Ravivarshiya Akhil Bhartiya Sangeet Karyakram) 2015
* Allein Danial Memorials Trust & Abbayedubee Monk Church, Morzine, France 2003.
* Morzine Music Festival, Morzine, France 2003.
* Dr. Allen Daniel Lou Music Festival, Paris, France 2003.
Abroad Private Concerts
* Spain 2003.
* Morzine, Branex & Ancy, France 2003 .
* Italy 2003.
* Belgium 2003.
* Geneva, Switzerland 2003.
National Workshops Conducted
*Karnataka Sangeet Nirtya Academy, Bangalore 2010.
*Pt. Vadavati Sangeet Academy, Bangalore 2010.
Abroad Workshops Conducted
* Spain 2003.
* Morzine, France 2003.
* Italy 2003.
* Belgium 2003.
* Geneva, Switzerland 2003
* “Kala rishi Sri Yogendra Baba Award “ by Sanskar Bharati Gwalior-7-Jan-2014.
* “Sanskar Bharati poorvottar, Vision (Gratitude Award)- by Sanskar Bharati -2013.
* “Dhrupad (Gayak) Singer Award by North American Dhrupad Association (Nada) Brakley-U.S.A-1999.
Dedicated Workshops Conducted
Constantly pallab Das is conducting workshops & training students of Gurukul
about the mystical hymns and art of Dhrupad (nadayoga).
* Demonstration with performance in Quilon Art and Heritage Society-kollam, Kerala-2017
* Conducted workshop in Silchar, Assam.
* Workshops for aspired students in Prabodhini Gurukulam, Hariharpura, Karnataka.
* Lecture, demonstration & performances almost all cities in Karnataka.